Gas Industry Co issued the Transmission Pipeline Interconnection Guidelines (the Guidelines) in February 2009. The Guidelines set out its view on the features of good interconnection practice.
The objectives of the Guidelines are to:
- describe what a TSO's interconnection policy should address;
- describe the phases of interconnection, what should happen in each phase, and the key decision points;
- establish principles that should apply to the overall provision of an interconnection service, and to each phase of interconnection;
- encourage TSOs to adopt consistent interconnection documentation;
- establish clear responsibilities; and
- minimise barriers to entry by promoting transparency and efficiency.
In September 2009, a review was conducted on the interconnection arrangements of both MDL and Vector against the Guidelines. As a result of the review and discussions held with the TSOs, some amendments to the Guidelines of February 2009 were considered necessary and they were republished in November 2009. These amendments and the reasons for them are noted in a Related Document listed below. The November 2009 Updated Guidelines is also found below.