The purpose of the Rules is to establish a set of uniform processes that will enable the fair, efficient, and reliable downstream allocation and reconciliation of downstream gas quantities. The Rules provide for:
- The appointment of an Allocation Agent who operates the allocation system and allocation portal. More information on the Allocation Agent can be found on the Downstream Reconciliation Operations Page.
- Processes for the:
- provision of gas injection and consumption information;
- allocation by the allocation agent of daily gas quantities for each calendar month to retailers at allocated gas gates;
- reconciliation of downstream gas quantities against quantities billed to customers;
- Mandatory information disclosure and reporting by the allocation agent, allocation participants, and the industry body; and
- Ancillary matters related to the process of allocation and reconciliation such as funding by industry participants, exemptions, approval and registration of deemed profiles for gas consumption information, and the performance of audits.